BECOME PART OF THE Austin Adventures TEAM!
At Austin Adventures we believe that travel has the power to change us. To let us see the world, and our role in it, through a new lens. We are a best-in-class, family-owned, and operated boutique international adventure travel outfitter. Our carefully curated and ultra-personalized itineraries allow guests to experience the land, the people, and the culture in the most immersive, energizing, and inspiring way possible. With the decades of experience and unmatched access to our National Parks, our knowledge, credibility, and insider access offer an experience that is – simply put – unparalleled.
Austin Adventures offers an exciting working environment with opportunities for growth and a chance to meet other like-minded individuals. We offer market-competitive compensation and fantastic benefits to all of our employees – office staff and guides alike. Our team is made up of outstanding individuals from locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We hire people who are passionate about adventure travel and we value the diversity each employee brings to our team.
If you’re interested in applying for one of our posted jobs, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
This role will be responsible for managing all existing external partnerships between our Active and Austin brands. Partners consist of Agency Consortia’s, B2C and B2B media outlets, tourism boards and more. The incumbent will need to understand both our and the partners business objectives and how we can work together to create a mutually successful partnership.
- Negotiate and execute the annual marketing plans and provide relevant marketing collateral in a required timeframe to partners.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while efficiently and effectively managing competing priorities
- Provide Marketing Collateral on consistent basis to partners to remain top of mind while asking for added value media placement.
- Develop and grow strong working relationships with all partners for both brands
- Look for creative ways to grow partnerships through promotions, product offerings, commission kickers and our unique value proposition.
- Set up meetings with each partner on a consistent basis – weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on partner.
- Deep knowledge of revenue / passenger numbers by partner and reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Hold partners accountable for mutually agreed upon results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Who is this candidate?
- Detail Orientated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills + project management
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results
- Loves building relationships
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and ready to take on new challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, marketing communications or related
- 3+ years of experience in the workforce
- Position is fully remote but if hired locally in Rhode Island, expected to meet 2-3 times per week with VP of Marketing
Austin Adventures sometimes has other positions in Operations, Marketing, and Sales. For more information, please feel free to reach out to us and let us know what you are interested in. Please understand our office positions are highly competitive and rarely open. We may not respond to all inquiries.
If you are interested in applying for a guide position for any of our US, Canada, or Europe programs, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume between November and March, for the upcoming season to [email protected] Thanks for your interest in Austin Adventures!
There are a number of qualifications that we look for when we hire guides. We suggest that all applicants review the following list. This will help you decide if you have the necessary skills, personality, and experience to join the AA team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Possess excellent people skills in the areas of communication, customer service and compassion
- Strong ability to connect one-on-one with people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds
- Strong appreciation for and a sense of the natural and cultural history of a number of the regions in which we run trips
- Passion for active travel and being outdoors
- Familiarity with and aptitude for tuning up bikes (mechanically inclined)
- Excellent endurance and stamina (capable of handling long days of physical work)
- Detail oriented in the areas of budgets and reporting
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to be decisive and resourceful)
- A ‘leader’ personality
- First Aid & CPR-certified (WFR & EMT certification encouraged)
- Drivers License (or Class 4 for Canadian guides) and a clean driving record
- Availability during our peak season of June into September
Every spring, guides hone their skills at our ‘Spring Training Retreat’ in Billings, Montana. This extensive training builds a strong team of guides who understand the details and subtleties in executing professional customer service. After Spring Training, each guide team heads out on a pre-season scout of the destination they’ll be guiding in for the summer. During their scout trip, guides drive the route and carefully check over every detail of our trip itinerary before guests arrive. Once on the trip, guides stay in the same hotels as the guests and are always available to handle even the smallest request. Our guides are ready to do whatever it takes, stretching beyond any trip outline or itinerary, to provide the most outstanding customer service in the industry.